Thursday, April 07, 2005



THE WHITE-BONE MOON


Memory is the lilt of time
between seconds, the space we crave
to enter, like a cat who twists her web of bones,
casts off her skeleton like moonlight,
flouting time, to travel through narrow space.

I’m thinking of the time
I slid like snow falling into my
dogs open, backyard grave.
My pink boots withered to black
and darkness closed in on me like panic. But I could see
my breath, which the thirty below temperature
had transformed into something
solid.
At eight years old I held time in my fist
like a stopped heart.
Twelve years later
this moment
fell into a poem and I became
that cat, twisting its bones,
dreaming them hollow.

The moon
glints, her beam a wand which makes
time invisible, so
we too may shed ourselves, and
enter into that equivocal space between.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pandoras_Musings said...

Just thought I'd take the time to comment on your poetry, the white-bone moon,, was pretty good..

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home