Friday, August 26, 2005

april fresh kitties and bread with butter

happy and broke. last night i made an herb rubbed roast chicken, new potatoes, roast carrots, and my first attempt at bechemal sauce, then drank whiskey and read Plath in my "library" corner.

dreamed i held a very large, pink, slippery, beautiful baby in my arms.

woke up at 6 am to the sound of my cat in my bed, which we constructed yesterday from free palettes found on the side of the road. had a satsifying domestic and physical day. baked french bread at 7 a.m. and waited for the sun to creep up to the back steps for sitting, reading and tea-drinking. my roomate's girlfriend made us yummy crepes with blackberries they picked on the gallopping goose bike trail last night on their ride home from Thetis lake. pruned and staked my tomato plants. let my cat out for the first time and watched as she and the white cat from next door chased one another. satisfied that she knew where home was i went inside to make chicken stock from the leftover roast chicken. picked about fifteen little tomatoes to have for lunch with leftover new potatoes and spinach. transplanted a rhodedendrum (how do you spell that?) and funny little artichoke/cactus-like plants to the front of the house where i discovered millions of bulbs. got covered in dirt. had a bath in my claw foot tub and then biked around the city for an hour before going to see my friend dana. returned home to a quiet house and chicken stock ready for soup with homemade bread. it is an absolute luxury to have so much time but i quite literally have no money and need to find an immediate solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home