Thursday, June 30, 2005

going home?

a monumental up week: didn't tell anyone and went up island for four days to nit nat lake. swallowed a few bugs the first night but got a breezy spot looking out on the beach for the rest. walking alone up a river, thinking about bears, a giant dog rushes out of the bushes and jumps on me. oh my heart. his owner laughed and called him off: "Tiger!" other than that i was completely alone on my walk through the giant dinosaur forest. went swimming amoung river jellyfish. wrote extensively about fire and its effects, since we spent at least a third of the time watching ours. roasted marshmallows and hot dogs to his absolute disgust. ran out of beer. launched kites, caught kites, followed kites up and down the beach, met a nice british guy who did tricks on the water and taught me to launch, flew a trainer kite with his girlfriend. had coffee on the beach, calm glass lake and seals, every morning with him. made two big decisions, on very big. guess i just needed some space to decide.

yesterday: mowed, clipped, washed, moved branches around. staked and tied all of my tomato plants and my poor flimsy dahlias with tied together branches and thick white string from his shed. felt i was putting my children in straight jackets. my first tomato appeared, then i found three more. smaller than my pinky nail, green, a burst of life that i grew with my own patience and hands. something anyone but myself would miss.

today: an unexpected day job.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds divine, love.

keep up the good form.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home