Tuesday, July 12, 2005

visions

I rose like a giant seashell to fan the earth, squeezed my thighs together in a knuckle of white stone, bright like the morning.

the sun cuts through the shower curtain like broken diamonds. my words echos off white porcelain, a canyon of angels.

the pages of the book fall off my fingers like white feathers ripped from a wing.

the animal lay on the road, exposed skin like the flesh beneath a torn nail; spongy, innocent, and strangely bare.

The blooms of roses like open sores. memories of clotted blood swell to unshrinkable grievances.

night rose like a silent mother and I climbed into its shadow

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW.

if ever i pull off some crazy oedipus action and lose my vision, i'm going to beg you to remind me how beautiful things are (or can be).

margaret, you are ridiculously talented. i know that you must know that already, but sometimes it's good to have simpletons such as myself say so.

thank-you for sharing

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home